Luis

Wrote this back in August and have been so side tracked from this blog that I don't know if I'm going to continue. I make more videos now but I guess this is always here when I have a lot to write. And share. Because I've been writing a lot in private lately. But let me finally get this August piece out xoxoxo


According to my cousin Nadia, Luis "went down like a hero and is a legend." I say cousin but our families may or may not be technically related, I never got the full story on that. It almost doesn't matter. All I know is that my mother and Nadia's aunt Zuni, who was Luis's wife, were very close. And Zuni was like a mother to my little sister shortly after our mom died. 

The phrase "He didn't deserve to die like that" passes through my mind with the question that follows, "Well who does deserve to die like that?"

You can come up with exceptions, or agree that no one should die like that, regardless of what kind of a person they were in life. But with Luis, the word kind was how everyone in the service described him. Soft spoken, intelligent, and kind.

In film, I think of The Godfather's Sonny, whose death matched his volatile nature.

Sweet, simple Edward Delacroix from Green Mile receiving a horrible, cruel, unnecessarily, undeserved hurtful death.

I don't know. I just really need for there to be some kind of a Dead Like Me Reaper out there whose job it is to release the pain of souls before it leaves their bodies, especially for this one.

In the mausoleum the family takes pictures of themselves standing with the ones they've had to say goodbye to on this plane. It is a part of life, death, saying goodbye, and has the feeling of, I'm here on this plane while my brother, or uncle, or cousin is in another but part of them is still here.

Here's a recent photo and my husband and me over at Zuni's house and me trying to milk funny stories involving my mom when they were younger and causing trouble :) xoxoxo



r.i.p. dear Luis Sturla


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beyond the Flight

Winter Wondertime- Time for my artist statement, what?

Love in the time of Corona